Android mobile app development tools for better speed, better debugging, and better security!
With nearly 3 million mobile apps on Google Play, the Android operating system has been able to lead the global scene. Small and medium-sized businesses and large organizations are struggling hard to create a strong mobile presence and influence their market share. However, not everyone has the know-how and services to build an application from scratch with native tool factors.
It is also very time-consuming and expensive to develop an Android app over an iOS app. However, what if I told you that this isn’t nearly true? There is a range of tools accessible to facilitate mobile application development more quickly at the same cost and effectiveness.
You can run all applications faster and more efficiently. Well, thanks to the integrated development environments (IDE) as well as the following time-saving tools and applications which are used for Android application development.
1. Android Development Environment
The Android Development Environment is the official IDE from Google that provides application development tools for all Android devices. Offers a visual layout editor, running ConstraintLayout, where developers can develop compound layouts and preview them on any screen size on different devices.
As the official IDE for all Android apps, Android Studio seems to consistently top the list of developers’ choice tools. Here are some of its features.
- Navigation Editor
- Android Gradle Plugin Updates
- Delete unused Android Studio directories
- Android app bundles now support instant apps
- IntelliJ IDEA 2018.2.2 . Changes
- Network Profile: Rich Text
- Kotlin Update 1.3.11
- Clang-Tidy support for C++
- The appearance of the new project wizard
- Lazy task configuration
- Univariate project sync
- Univariate project sync
- CPU Analyzer: Frame Render Data
DevKnox is the most useful and popular tool for creating secure Android apps. There are many security flaws hidden within apps that developers don’t even realize, and it can take a lot of training and effort instead before you get into many critical aspects of security enough to catch these flaws.
But, this excellent tool can help you detect security flaws, and it includes easy-to-handle functions like the IDE’s spell checker. It offers real-time testing, vulnerability tracking, and real-time testing, and it has an interactive dashboard.
Xamarin is a cross-platform development tool for creating a great native app. It reuses layers of business logic and data access across programs. Not only Android, but you can also develop iOS and Windows apps with the help of Xamarin. Every third mobile development company in India use this tool to build mobile apps. Here are some of its benefits.
- It is a single framework that supports communication with the mobile API
- Xamarin Component Store includes UI controls, cross-platform libraries, and third-party libraries
- It turns to give fewer errors and thus provides a faster pace
- Provides application indexing and deep linking
- Allow consuming functions that can only be accessed on a specific platform
4. Android Asset Studio
Android Asset Studio has a large number of easy-to-use tools that make different types of icons (launcher, general, app shortcut icons, etc.) that you will need while planning and developing Android apps.
- Launcher icons – the visual image of your app
- Action bar icons are graphic buttons from the main app bar and display the most effective actions
- Generic Icons – Lightweight/contextual icons used within your app
- Notification icons – help with how the app logo is represented in the status bar when a recent notification appears
- Nine Simple Spots – Create graphics elements of different screen densities
- App Theme – Create an interesting and straightforward custom action bar style
LeakCanary is a great open-source tool, developed by Square, which does the challenging and time-consuming task of detecting memory leaks. Once set up, it will immediately start giving you notifications when a memory leak occurs in your app, with a stack trace nearby to support you in resolving the issue.
LeakCanary is designed to be as easy to use as possible. For most applications, it is difficult to take a few extra lines in the application’s .gradle file and one extra line of code in the application class. This is enough to enable specific tracing of memory leaks in projects.
You can build Android app using the discussed above tools. These tools offer various advanced features to make development easy and fast. You can hire mobile app developer or mobile app development company in Jaipur that provides innovative and cost-effective mobile app development services.