Your e-commerce website is apparently performing well in all aspects as you were expecting. Migrating from Magento 1 to Magento 2 is the most important decision for your e-commerce business that you need to take into account.
So are you planning to migrate your Magento eCommerce platform from Magento 1 to Magento 2 then you are on the right track? If you are not planning or going for it then you must think about it again.
There are more than 200,000 online sites that are using Magento and about 12,000 sites are there which are using Magento 2 as a platform. So if you don’t know a bit about the migration part, then don’t worry this article covers all the topics you just want to know about. Every web development company in India provides Magento 2 migration along with web development services.
Why you should migrate from Magento 1 to Magento 2?
- Magento has stopped introducing new updates in the Magento 1
- All the changes which are required in the Magento 1 are done in Magento 2.
- Magento 2 with its new updates provides better and optimized results. It improves the overall site performance.
Magento 2.0 Benefits
Magento 2 the most promising Magento e-commerce platform ever comes featured with strong architecture, future-ready & modern codebase, and dynamic database design. E-commerce development companies have made it more valuable and reliable to retailers or e-commerce store owners.
Here are some of the benefits that you can expect from migrating to Magento 2-
- Enhanced Performance
- Dynamic CMS / Cataloging
- Attractive and eye-catching UI Design
- Easy to use Admin Panel
- Fast Load Times
- Enhanced Results Tracking & Visibility
- Better Omnichannel Commerce Experiences
- Ready-to-use Marketing Tools
Now the following questions come in your mind when you give a thought about Magento 2 migration.
How to perform migration? What is the perfect time to perform the migration? What amount of money and time required for migration? Can data loss occur during the migration?
Well, here you will get the genuine answers for these above questions-
What is the right time to perform migration?
It is very important to know the best time for migration. Perform the migration during that time when traffic on your website is low.
Before you start migration consider the following things for hassle-free migration-
- Review extensions on your current site
- Build and prepare Magento 2 store for migration
- Trial run
- Start your migration
Can data loss occur during the migration?
No! no data loss occur during the migration. But to avoid any obstacles on your way, we suggest you to take complete data backup before data migration of your e-commerce website. And migrate the data with the help of data migration tool.
Steps Migrating from Magento 1 to Magento 2?
Easy steps you should follow for the migration process: –
- Extension Migration
- Theme Migration
- Code Customization using Code Migration Tool
- Data Migration using the Data Migration Tool
1. Extension Migration
Starting with Step 1 which is Extension Migration now what you need to do is.
- Check for the Magento 1 extensions if they are compatible with the version of the same.
- If you find that the extensions are compatible with version 2 of the platforms, then you don’t need to worry about changing the extensions and if you find that the extensions are not compatible with the version then you might need to add new extensions according to the newer version of the platform. Magento 1 to Magento 2 data migration extensions is different.
2. Theme Migration
This being the step 2 for the migration process from Magento 1 to Magento 2.
- It’s the same process we did in the in Extension Migration which is to check the compatibility of the theme in version 1 & version 2 of Magento.
- If the theme is same then it will be a lot easier process of migration from Magento 1 to Magento 2.
- If it says that the theme is not compatible with the upgraded version then you might need to create a customized theme in Magento 2 or you should buy a Magento 2 theme.
3. Code Customization using Code Customization Tool
Code customization is the very major part of migration process because it all depends upon the code your website. To migrate your website from Magento 1 to Magneto 2 you need to customize your code.
- Magento 2 customization is generally done through the code migration tool.
- It will enormously decrease the work involved in the code migration.
- Well after the code generation part it could happen that you might have to add some of the code manually.
4. Data Migration Using Data Migration Tool
To migrate your database from Magento 1 to Magento 2 you might need to use the data migration tool. The Magento 2 Data Migration tool is a very useful tool for a smooth migration. With this tool, you can migrate any critical data such as orders, configuration settings, store settings, products, and many more.
Magento 1 to 2 Migration Timeline & Costs-
Every migration is very important for businesses. However, the time and cost of Migration depends upon your business needs or size of e-commerce website. The cost of migration starts from $10,000 and goes up to $30,000.
Magento 2 migration is very important if you are still running old version. Magento 2 comes equipped with various advanced features to make online store more advanced and performance oriented. If you want to migrate from Magento 1 to 2, then hire web developer or web development company India for a successful migration.