The marketplace is an eCommerce website or mobile application that is designed to provide a single environment for multi-vendors to sell their products. A single vendor who wishes to make their virtual store in eCommerce can easily create their store and list their products and allow various consumers to buy online.
Amazon, eBay, and Flipkart are the best example of it. You can set up your store and start selling products.
Gone those days when retailers were limited to geographical boundaries. Thanks to technology for making our lives easier. Now every retailer who wishes to sell products online can build an eCommerce multivendor store or simple eCommerce mobile app and increase business revenue by selling products online.
Benefits of Multi-Vendor eCommerce mobile app
Increase business revenue
Make your global presence
Provide your customer an amazing shopping experience
Types of Multi-Vendor Marketplaces
Multi-vendor marketplaces are broadly categorized into two categories: horizontal and vertical. Horizontal marketplaces facilitate the buying and selling of a wide range of products across various niches, thereby catering to a wider audience. A vertical marketplace, on the other hand, sells niche-specific products. It caters to a narrower, more specific audience.
The multi-vendor marketplace is extensively ordered into two classifications: horizontal and vertical. Thus, Horizontal marketplaces work with the purchasing and selling of a wide scope of items across different specialties, in this way taking into account a more extensive audience. A vertical marketplace, on the other hand, sells domain-specific products. It obliges a smaller, more explicit crowd.
In addition, multi-vendor marketplaces can be classified into three types:
- B2B Marketplace: A B2B marketplace provides vendors an environment to sell their products to other businesses at a wholesale price. Some examples include Alibaba and Walmart.
- B2C Marketplace: A B2C marketplace is a platform where vendors sell products to customers. Amazon and Flipkart are the best examples of it.
- C2C Marketplace: A C2C marketplace is a platform where customers can sell products to other customers. eBay is a popular example of a C2C marketplace.
The Basic Features of Multi-vendor E-Commerce Marketplace App Solution
- Easy Sign In/ Sign Up– Customer can easily signup and log in using mobile number and email.
- User Account– Customer can Manage Account (Edit Profile, View Purchase History, View Wishlist, Unsubscribe Newsletter, etc.)
- Search Feature– Customer can search products based on filter categories like the product category, name, price range, color, trending, etc.
- Home Screen– Scroll Through Products List Page and Choose A Product
- Product Details– Customers can view details on products such as Name, Description, Price, Discount, Shipping Charge, etc.
- Cart– Customer can add the product into cart, after ‘Add to Cart’ customer can choose between check out and continue shopping options.
- Check-out– On the check-out page customer can check refreshed final billing price, add the billing address and shipping address and continue to Payment Gateway.
- Payment– Provide various payment options to your customers for a better shopping experience. Customers can opt from available Payment Options like Credit Card, Debit Card, Payment Wallet, COD, etc.
- Notification– After making the payment successfully, customers will get notification about the payment and expected delivery time and date on their mobile number, and email.
Retail Business Owner-
The retail business owner can create their seller account on the multi-vendor e-commerce app with fields like name, address proof, tin number, contact, product category, etc.
Admin Receive Retailer Request– Sends a request to admin to approve their account and generate login id. Admin approves the request and sends login id on mail and notification to the retailer.
Easy Login for Retail Business Owner– Business owner lists their products on the e-commerce app with necessary fields such as product name, product category, id, images, price, specification, discount (if any), description, vendor name, etc.)
Notification– Retailer receives a notification on products posted successfully.
Buyer Request- Receives buying request for a product from a buyer.
Approves Request and Generate Invoice
Receives Final Delivery Confirmation Notification and Mail
Receive Payment On Sold Products On a Monthly Basis
Receive Product Reviews from Buyers
Receive and Manage Return Requests
Manage Account and View Sales Report (Earnings, Product List, Viewer Impressions, Payment Status, Edit Profile, etc.)
Super Admin Can-
Easy Login for Super Admin
Approve/ Reject Request from New Retail Business Owners and Send Login Credentials
Manage Customer Registration Requests
Manage Content (Add/Edit/Delete Content)
Manage Product Listing (Add/Edit/Delete Products, Add/Edit/Delete Product Price,
Add/Edit/Delete Product Details)
Manage Vendor List (Enable/Disable Vendor, Manage Vendor Information)
Manage Product Sales Report (Total Sales, Per Product, Date, Per Vendor, etc.)
Manage Category, Sub Category & Attribute Fields
Manage Vendor Payments
Manage Sales, Profit, Commission Reports
How Much Does It Cost To Build A Multi-vendor eCommerce Mobile App-
The cost of a Multivendor eCommerce mobile app majorly depends on your requirements like the technologies you want to integrate it, mobile app development team, and mobile app development location. However, an app from scratch with basic features would take approx. Cost $20,000 to 25,000.
Our on-demand multi-vendors eCommerce app comes with advanced benefits to both vendors and customers. Moreover, there are famous multivendor eCommerce mobile apps already available in the market. You can also build your own multi-vendor eCommerce mobile app to make your position among them. For it, you can hire mobile app developer or the best mobile app development company in India who can provide you best mobile app development services in India.